Acres Wild is a 22 acres unique cheesemaking farm in Coonoor. We have 2 natural ponds, ducks, geese, goats, cows and lots of wild life around.
Tea Garden Cottage:
2 double occupancy bedrooms with bay windows, wooden floor, living room with fireplace and kitchen. Full length covered porch overlooks stunning view of the valley and plains. Fully loaded kitchen with large fridge, microwave, 4- burner gas stove, toaster etc. (You can book individual rooms)
First Cottage is stand-alone double occupancy cottage with studio layout of bedroom, living, dining and kitchen in a single connected space. Full- length porch. Kitchen has fridge, 2 burner stove and all basic kitchen utensils and crockery.
• Day help for cooking, cleaning and serving. Included in tariff.
• Accommodation for drivers (but no other guest staff please.)
• Games Room with Billliards/Pool/Snooker Table, Carrom board, lots of books and comics.
• Large Flat Screen TV with Tata Sky Connection in Games Room only.
Activities at our Farmstay
Since ours is a farmstay, the emphasis is on activities that are farm related and a learning experience for people who want to connect with the environment and nature.
• CHEESEMAKING - One of the main attractions of our farm is the gourmet cheese that we make. As a farmstay guest you will able to see whatever part of the process that you are interested in. You will get some idea of the basic theory of cheesemaking.
• CHEESEMAKING COURSE: On request you can do a 2-day Cheesemaking Course. Fee is Rs 5,000/- and each additional day is Rs 1,500/-
• FARM JOBS: help in milking and feeding cows, goats, ducks, geese and fish in our ponds. Planting trees, vegetables.
• ENVIRONMENTAL LEARNING: about gobar gas plants, water harvesting, adobe brickmaking, composting, vermiculture, permaculture and bio-dynamic farming.
• WILD LIFE & BIRDS: Bison, wild boar, wild hare, porcupine and barking deer visit our farm frequently. Elephants come up annually (usually April to Aug). There are dozens of birds to spot and photograph.